Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fabulosity: Nails Edition


OK, so I already knew that my best friend Major A had the sickest nails in Brooklyn but when I saw what she got done for her birthday two weeks ago I was in absolute shock and awe. I mean I thought Minx nail coverings were hot!! But this Japanese artist Naomi Yasuda from Hello Beautiful Salon in Williamsburg Brooklyn is taking Nail art to another level!! I love it!


I finally was able to book an appointment with her today so I'll update you guys on how my masterpeice turns out...

UPDATE: Here's my girly girl set... Hello Kitty!! ;)

While I was getting my Nails done Naomi told me she was booked to do Amber Rose next week for a Magazine shoot.... and Jordin Sparks called in to get a Makeover at the
Glamor Garage (the sister store of Hello Beautiful)

Now don't get me wrong Minx is the ish! You can put pretty much any design on your nails and it lasts for weeks. In case you've never heard of Minx it's one of the newest crazes in nail designs and celebrities have been swearing by it due to it's stylish patterns and durability. Beyonce & Solange were two of the first fab girls I noticed rocking them:



Right now there's only one tech in NYC doing Minx designs so as you can imagine she's extremely booked up. Her name is Honey and her # is 212-920-1066.

You can find out more on minx nail coverings online here:
http://www.minxnails.com/cylantscart/index.php?p=catalog&parent=10&pg=1

(don't say I never hooked you up lol)


Major A's Obama Minx:
tip: Minx lasts longer on natural nails than they do on acrylic.

But I think Naomi's work is so fly because it's not just a pattern that she's putting on your nails... she's creating these designs HERSELF with gel, shaping them and everything right there on the spot! Check this out:

One of my favorites:



I can totally see Gwen Stephanie rocking a style like this

:









Here's what A got done for her Bday!
(the pic doesn't even do it any justice. Talk about bling!!!)

Naomi's done art for Keri Hilson and Teyanna Taylor to name of few and her work has been featured in Magazines like Complex and several others. Look her up!


If you've ever gotten Minx or designs by Naomi on your nails please feel free to leave a comment. And even if you haven't... what do you think about her Nail art?.........................

4 comments:

Ty said...

This is one of those times where I wish I wasn't in the Army. I know if I wasn't, I'd probably be running around here looking like CoCo from SWV singing "I'm So Into You"! Well I still bump that song to this day like it just came out last week, but I'm minus the nails. I will say that the Minx jumpoff is hot. If I was back at Howard I'd probably be all over it.

And then again I think if I wasn't in the Army, I would probably be on Wall Street, so maybe the blinged out nails wouldn't be appropriate. Hold up, do people still say "bling"? Anyway, I'm gonna stop babbling. The nails are hot for those who can, and I'll just admire from afar and continue to sing "Right Here" of course the Human Nature remix though (RIP MJ)!

Major Chedda said...

lmao @Ty... Right Here is my shit!!! Honestly my favorite SWV song girl! aww I love you and miss you soooo much!!!!!! My sis from another mother. You can totally get some Camo Minx on your nails! y the heck not... They GOTTA love that!?! Memba when I was thinkin bout joining ROTC for a lil bit. They woulda prob kicked me out the damn army by now cuz I would get those... AND l would STAY rocking my LV Monogramaflague tp work/battle/whatever! LMAO!! xoxo

Unknown said...

great post Baby.

Anonymous said...

I always inspired by you, your views and attitude, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Thomas