Wednesday, January 13, 2010

YELE HAITI!!!!!! :(

I just want to take a moment to acknowledge the devastating earthquake that took place on the small island of Hispanola this past Tuesday, destroying the capital of Haiti, Port-au-Prince. My heart truly goes out to the island nation and all it's people, there... as well as those descendants all across the world. I can barely watch the news without crying. This is a complete tragedy and the last thing this struggling country needed.

This is a time for us all to work together and do all that we can to rebuild this country both emotionally and physically. I have already begun to do my part by sending a text, "YELE", to 501501 thereby making a small $5 donation to Wyclef's relief efforts. You can text up to 6 times.
You can also help by texting "HAITI" to the number 90999.
And of course you can donate to the the Red Cross on their website.


If you have any family and/or friends effected by this disaster I give my deepest condolences to you and I urge you to leave a comment. or if you 'd just like to share your thoughts on this catastrophe please feel free to do so....... <3

No comments: