Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Go go girls say................




Teairra Mari's new single "Sponsor" is definitely one of my favorite songs on the radio right now. I've been anxiously awaiting the video to see what lil mama had planned for the treatment. Well, it's nothing out of this world but it's cute nonetheless. I would have liked to see Gucci in it but we all know why that wasn't possible. --FREE GUCCI MANE!--

I can literally listen to this song over and over again... (right boo lol)

Like most songs that I end up LOVING I couldn't stand this song initially. I just thought it exemplified everything negative about what guys think about females nowadays. However, by the third time I heard it I was sold! But... what does the fact that I really like this song say about me?

Does it mean that I'm shallow? materialistic? only interested in what a man can do for me financially??? LOL I can't help but laugh becuase my 'nick'name is Chedda after all so naturally one would think all the above about me. But I don't consider myself to be so one dimensional.

When surveying a prospective mate (of course not now but when I was single ;) ) I did consider factors such as character, morals, trustworthiness, chivalry, sense of humor and other insights into overall personality. However, yes, I do like... no love gifts and the security in knowing that my mate will do anything in his power to make me happy whether that means surprising me with a single rose on a random day of the week or a well planned Caribbean vacation.

Why would you want to be with someone that if need be couldnt do - at minimum- what you can do for yourself?? and if the reality is that they can provide tons more then what's the harm in wanting, expecting and accepting these luxuries???

To me it all boils down to this, KNOW YOUR WORTH!!!

If you're a positive young woman that carries herself as such, stays on her grind, can pay your own bills and keep the ship running all by your lonesome if need be, if you have a college education or (screw a degree) if you have your business game tight..... all these things mean that you are an asset to any guy that's lucky enough to be in your life, and he should treat you as such.

If you are a lazy, worthless biddie that still doesnt know what she wants out of life, stays shaking her assets in the club, has no degree/or no ambition to make something out of yourself other than a hood celebrity for all the wrong reasons.... and u like this song..... then yeah your probably just a groupie gold digger.

It just amazes me that in other societies it is custom and expected that men court woman by showering her (and her family) with gifts, etc. Now-a-days woman are expected to be so independant that if you expect nice things from a man you are somehow less of a good woman.

It's a double standard that guys can rap about spending endless money on us ladies i.e. Fab's "Throw it in the Bag" -- however for us to acknowledge and proclaim our own worth puts a negative glare on it.

Well, back on the subject of the video, I love that in the end Teairra shows her own name on the black American Express credit card like "don't get it twisted, I can Sponsor my damn self" -- if need be!

The overall message of this song to me is this: I got a great man that has my back and endorses me in any situation whether I need him to fill up my cup, fill up my tank, fill up my bank account or just fill up my life with good ole TLC!! I got me a good one!

How bout you stop being mad at me and go get urs..... Go-getta girl mentality fo sho!!


I'll leave you with these words:

"Cause a queen 'posed to get what she desires, what she wants / If my lady likes to eat then Imma buy her restaurants!"

sounds good to me!

UPDATE:

Wait!! Scratch that!!! I just heard the new Fab mixtape (sick) and I got one better for you.....

"You don't treat her like a queen, you gone be a lonely king!"

LOL!

No comments: