Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Imma show you how to do this Hun!

I for one completely understand the need to think outside of the box and bring something new to the table -- whether it be in music, fashion or blogging for that matter -- but sometimes it can be a HIT or MISS situation.

It seems like ever since we went to war with (certain countries in) the Middle East we have vowed to take over their musical sound in addition to their oil, land and government among other things.

Thus leads me to pointing out the MiddleEastern sound that can be found in many of the popular songs of today (i.e. "Arab Money"). I will now proceed to give you two examples of how this effort can help or hinder an artists attempt to do something different:


Let's start with a group that did all the right things when it came to taking the Arabian inspired vibe and blending it with some American swagga!! My girls ~Electric Red~ killed it with this one:



Cuz I'm That Chick!!!!!!!!! ;) LOL


Now here's when trying to be different goes all the way wrong! and by that I mean UBER FAILL!!!!!


First of all Nikki WTH are you talking about? Further more this song is just annoying and I can't get with this in the club or the crib for that matter, I'm sorry!


Now, I can appreciate all these lovely ladies for taking their music in a different direction than what we're used to. You guys know I'm all for the road less traveled however please make sure your shoe game is tight while traveling down this path... and yes I use this metaphor to say Electric Red came with the heat and Nikki just shouldn't have come at all....................... -- better luck with the next single Nik!