Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Outing: OC's B-day Dinner @ Stanton Social

Happy Bday OC!!!!!!


Known as a hot spot to trendy New Yorkers Stanton Social is definitely a must visit restaurant in the Big Apple. Ah... duh... one of the owners of Tao also owns this place so of course it's FAB!! The cast of Gossip Girls dines here and episodes of the TV hit series "The City" were actually fimled here so as you can imagine it's frequesnted by many city socialites. Therefore.... you know your girl was there! ;)
Fashionistas you can feel at home in this LES jewel as the decor is unique and pays homage to this past garment industry neighborhood.

When my friend OC told me that she would be having her bday dinner there this year I couldn't miss it! With three levels of sultry ambiance its hard not to get into a good mood. I should know since seconds before walking in to join my dinner party I realized that I just drove all the way into the city on a flat tire. I definitely needed a drink ASAP! And I enjoyed Pink-Grapefruit Mint Martinis all night!! (they reminded me of Mojitos, my favorite)


The waitresses constantly came around to ask us if we needed re-fills on our drinks. ummm.... yeah! LOL!

By the set up of the place it was easy to tell that those looking for a calm night (if possible here) with food and friends were eating on the first two levels. Upstairs you could find people by the bar ready to have a good time. Of course after initially being seated on the 2nd floor we were quickly moved up to a table on the 3rd floor. We're far from the 'calm' crowd lol.


What I really liked about SS was that the "share-style" serving forces guests to interact with others at the table. Whether's it's to argue about whose getting the last piece of schrimp or to share thoughts on how great the food is, conversation seemed to flow just like the service. Waiters brought dishes out non-stop throughout the night. At one point I remembered feeling like I just couldn't eat anything else. And that's most definitely a good thing. I can't stand it when I feel like I'm not getting a bang for my buck, and high priced rerstaurants have a tendency to leave me wanting more. The share-style serving also allowed for everyone to sample everything that was brought out to the table. So no looking over at a friends dish wishing you'd ordered what they got. Don't you hate that!!

We never got the impression that our table was left underserved or unattended for too long.

The food at Stanton Social seems to be an intentional edible representation of this melting-pot city! The menu lists dishes that combine tastes from every corner of the globe. For example you can have Mu-Shu chicken in one course, Rhode Islande Lobster for another and then Spicy Rabbit Sausage for another. Now that's variety!

This scrimp was soo good:

Kobe Beef Burgers & Fries

I actually didn't try them and from the response I heard I didn't miss too much!




OK people this right here was on POINT! Chicken & Waffles! Yes I repeat Chicken & Waffles... sooo good. I can taste them right now:
Sweet & Sour Chicken & Cashew Spring Rolls:

The birthday girl and I chatting it up

OC & Mike Mogul. this guy is hilarious!! He's the owner of successful party website 7days7nights.com and he also has another website called Egochecks.com that I LOVE!! He's straight putting people on SUPERBLAST!!!! Hey who doesn't need an ego Check every now and again. Some poeple just refuse to look in the mirror before they leave the house... just hope you don't run into Mike on a bad day LMAO!

His birthday is actually this week so Happy Bday Mr. Mogul!

The restaurant gave OC the cutest little mini cupcake with a candle in it... Make a wish girl!!!
and drink it up because you were blessed to make another year and that's definitely something to celebrate!



There are tons of things on the menu that I didn't get to try this time that sound absolutely AMAZING so please believe that I will be visiting again really soon!

If you'd like to learn more about this spot check out their website here.



If you've ever been to Stanton Social please feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts on this hotspot!...............................................................................

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG I love birthdays, I cant wait untill my birthday. This place looks really classey and you ladies look amazing. Her dress is really cute. I am having a hard time finding the perfect B-day dress any suggestions feel free to tell me.

Major Chedda said...

Right!! me too... Im only 2 months away so I'm already excited for mine too girl!
Yeah the food at this spot is the TRUTH! Def pay it a visit as soon as possible lol
I actually helped her find this dress so you know Imma put you on too!! ;)
I'll hit ur myspace inbox hun!
ttys