Thursday, November 19, 2009

COAT DRIVE!!!!!!!! 11/21/09


Every year when winter rolls around I hit the shops looking for brand spanking new winter coats that's fitting for the year's new trends (Yes I'm an original mixed with trendy). Sometimes there are 1 or 2 lucky ones from last year that make the grade but for the most part my closet becomes a shelter for the orphaned coats that I shove to the back never to wear again.


I know that sounds super shallow, but it's true! and I'm pretty sure that's the story with many of us (to some extent).



Well one mans Trash is most definitely another man's Treasure!!!!!!!!!!!



This year, more than ever, families are in need of a helping hand. My good friend DeAnn is helping her church with their annual CoatDrive and I challenge all my readers to do what they can to help make this year's event a success!

The drive is taking place this Saturday Nov. 21st (12pm - 3pm) @ Kings Highway Church located on the corner of Kings Hwy & East 37th Street.


Please donate a coat and if you can, match it with a monetary donation as well. We are our brothers' and sisters' keepers and it's up to us to do our parts to help those that may be less fortunate than ourselves... because you never know when the shoe might be on the other foot.


GOD BLESSES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And thanks for sharing this great event with us DeAnn. You're a beautiful person inside & out!!


If you know of any other drives or similar charity events happening this holiday season please share it with the Go-Getta family and we will do all that we can to pitch in and help spread the good word!

No comments: