Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Boxing Kitten = A Fashion Carnival!!!




Recently I've been in a bit of a slump over not being abe to accompany my mother, brother, sister-in-law, grandmother and countless friends to Trinidad for our annual Carnival festivities that are taking place as I type!!!!! >:(

I truly had my hopes up for making this year - 2010 Carnival- a huge deal. Like a big family reunion with everyone squeezing into my mother's house in Arouca Gardens, with endless noise and laughter for about a week straight.

Well..... those dreams quickly faded as reality set in and I realized that the festivities would be happening without me this year.

But I sorta feel like my longing to participate in Carnival was somehow manifested in the video treatment for Alicia Keys & Beyonce's new single "Put It In a Love Song".

These divas decided to have a Carnival themed video with lots of bright colors, bold prints and fun in the Brazilian sun!


When I saw the outfits that my girls were rocking in the video I couldn't help but cheer up a bit!

Check these out:


pretty in purple!! gorgeous in green!!



So of course I had to do some investigating into who was responsible for these visual delicacies and I found out that a talented Go-Getter Girl by the name of Mya Lake creates these bold one of a kind garments that "motivate the spirit".
Her line is called Boxing Kitten and you can take a look at more of her work on her website!

Here are some of our favorite trend setting celebrities rocking Mya's designs: Fergie, Fatima, Beyonce & Eryka Badu



DJ Rasheeda, Solonge & Beyonce

DJ Rasheeda is actually a good friend of Mya's and has been rocking her designs for quite some time now!







Seems like the perfect attire for this concrete jungle we live in!









In Mya's own words:

"If you take the patterns and very feminine silhouettes of women from the Civil Rights and then put those dresses in African inspired prints and fabric then you have the Boxing Kitten woman"!



I am in LOVE with this stuff. Gotta get my hands on some NOW!! ((working on it))


p.s. remember when a little birdy did a blog on the Christian Louboutins that were sure to be one of the hottest pair this spring/summer: Get into Alicia's shoes in this flick!

TOLD YA SO!! :p

No comments: