Friday, May 07, 2010

Master Cleanse!!



Hi loves!! :-))

Okay, so now that I am officially back to eating regular foods I can share with you guys that I recently completed the infamous MasterCleanse "Diet". Well, I guess it's more of a fast/cleanse than a 'diet' per say. But of course if you don't eat for an extended amount of time weight loss will be a much desired side effect.

I decided that it was time to take control of my body once again…inside & out! I just felt way too overweight and unhealthy lately so I figured the best way to start fresh would be to cleanse my system of all it's impurities through a fast.

I have to be completely honest, I really didn't think that I would make it the full 10 days. I couldn't fathom not eating one morcel of food for that long. Surely I would die!, right?!! lol

I soon realized that this fast was just as much a test of my mental capacity as it was to my physical capacity, if not more so.

I started the Cleanse on Sunday, April 24th. The first three days were most definitely the hardest!!! I mean I was miserable. I wanted to eat everything in site. I was upset. I didn't understand how a peanut or 1 harmless piece of fruit could possibly hurt???????

Sorry honey, I have to blow up your spot here and tell everyone that you tapped out after 2 days.

Yeah, I was on my own guys :(

But your girl is far from a quitter and by day 5 I didn't even have the urge to break the fast anymore. It was actually quite the opposite. I started to wonder just how much I could push myself and how long I could stick to this lemonade only diet.

This feeling of course changed again by day 8-9 when I realized that I was approaching the finish line and I could be done with this thing! :))

So... when it was all said and done I had lost about 10 lbs and tons of people (some friends some strangers) said my skin has a glow to it.

This fast has given me a renewed sense of pride in my determination in addition to a new perspective on the way I use/consume food.

I'm not by any means saying that I am going vegan tomorrow BUT I am saying that I know my 'diet' will be much healthier and my protion control will be on high alert. (Not to mention that the mastercleanse shrank my stomach so it only takes a couple nuts to fill me lol).

I really wish I would have taken some before and after shots but I'm sure you guys will be able to see a bit more definition in my cheekbones (and other bodyparts) in my more recent pics.


If you've ever tried the MasterCleanse or any other interesting fasts/diets please please share with me. And I am more than happy to answer any inquiries you may have for me about my experience...............................................

No comments: