Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sex And The City 2!!!!!!!!


Sex & The City 2 was released in theatres this past Thursday 5/27 and you know your girl was in the very first show of the day... or should I say night... My friends and I caught the 12:01 am show on Wednesday night!
I know you ain't just call me a fiend! lol
Hey, I wasn't about to let some ungrateful wenches see my girls before me and try to spoil it for me. Not happening! :p

So overall I thought the movie was really good!
Of course it didn't top the first S&TC movie but hey, what could possibly top Carry marrying Mr. Big --other than a divorce :-(

Exactly!


Of course we had our drinks in our cups just the way Carrie and the ladies would want us to! When did they ever get together without a couple Martini's ;)


(here's one of the flicks that I took during the movie -- much to the annoyance of the viewers around me lol but who cares???????)

One of the scenes that really stood out to me was the one where Miranda and Charlotte really got to bond! This was a new dynamic to me. In the series it seemed like even though all the ladies were good friends each had a seperate & special bond with Carrie. At times we would see Carrie interacting with Charlotte or Carrie interacting with Miranda but I honestly can't count on half of one hand how many time I remember seeing Charlotte & Miranda really having their own time together.

It was different yet realistic. I guess that speaks to the way that friendships change over time. We all walk different paths in life and believe it or not Charlotte & Miranda (both being married with children) have more in common now with each other than any of the other ladies... who woulda thunk it!
My friends DD & Tonika also joined in on the festivities!

another one of my bootleg movie pics lol

A second debate that came about between the girls and I after we saw the movie was this whole notion that Big came up with of he and Carrie spending 2 days away from each other every week to keep the excitement in their relationship. Now I can completely understand the concept of distance making the heart grow fonder but if you have to spend that much time away from your partner then maybe you guys need to reconsider the relationship. :/ ....what do you guys think about that?

Well...... if you've seen the movie, please feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts on this sequal.......................................................................................................

No comments: