Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Outings: Fab Times with Fab Friends!

It's been 5 years since I graduated from Howard University and sadly enough it's also been 5 years since the last time I've seen my college roommate Ngozi.

I clicked with this chick as soon as I met her and I've considered her a close friend ever since!

Just as tumultuous as one would expect college years to be, Ngozi and I were there for each other thru many up's and down's. She was one of the more focused girls I met at HU, working part time as a waitress and always finding time to hit the library to study. There were times I found myself convincing her of why going to a certain party would be a bigger benefit to her life goals than burying her head in a pile of books all night long. :)

I also remember that when I experienced the loss of a boyfriend to gun violence I fell into a very dark mental space and thanks to friends like Ngozi being there for me 24/7 I was able to make it back to emotional wellness way faster than I otherwise would have.


Hanging out with Ngozi (and another college friend Jessica) this weekend was just like old times! It was like we never parted ways....
(Fast shout out to Jessica who accomplished her dream of becoming a dentist. She's currently in NJ but will soon be practicing in the DC area so if you live out there and you're looking for a good DDS... she's your gal! Get it Girl!)

It's great to know that no matter how long we may go without seeing each other, whenever we do get to hang out we can just pick up from where we left off. It's common that people go off in their seperate ways and live their adult lives experiencing things that change them as individuals or changes the dynamics in their friendships --(not always a bad thing!!)--.... I'm just glad to know that we all still see eye to eye!

So long story short I caught up with an old friend and had a BLAST!!!!

(our vision after the shots lol)

C'mon guys, you already know we painted the town RED!! ;)



See you again soon Gozi!! Love ya babe!

No comments: