Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For...



So............... I got my Invisalign trays today... and all I can say right now is OWWW! :-(



Everyone that knows me knows that I've talked about getting invisalign for over 5 years now. It honestly consumed my thoughts lol. Not that I think my teeth look bad, but there are some spaces here and there that I want to get rid of.

But I had no idea they would feel this uncomfortable!!! I mean duh, I'm moving around the teeth in my mouth; is their a painless way to do that? I highly doubt it. And I know I should have expected some discomfort but I really didn't LOL! :p

I think I was so caught up in what the end result would look like that I completely overlooked the reality of what I would have to endure. Guess I just have to get used to having something constricting my teeth for the next year or so. Yup! the dentist says that I'll have to wear them for 12 months.





The trays must be worn every day for at least 20 hours each day! And if you leave them out for more than 3 hours one day... then that day doesn't count.
(must remove while eating!)

So after every meal i will be doing this............
yeah yeah yeah I know we're supposed to brush and floss after every meal anyway but who the heck really does? lol
You know that awesome taste marination that takes place in your mouth after you eat a really really good meal? Like Ihop for example, long after you've eaten you can still taste the silver dollar pancakes, scrambles eggs & cheese and hot chocolate you had for breakfast. Well...... I won't be able to do that. :/ Right after my last bite -----------------------------------------> BRUSH!

(I must admit tho, these things really force you to have excellent dental hygiene :))

So I left the dentist's office with three trays that I have to switch out every 2 weeks:

TRAY 1-----(2 weeks)-----> TRAY 2----(2 weeks)-----> TRAY 3!


When I'm all out of trays I go back to the dentist to make sure that everything's coming along as scheduled (and I get the next 3 trays). Meaning, I'll need to check in with the dentist every month & a half for the next year.




So........ that's my current plight! If you have any questions feel free to ask away and I'll share any info I can on what the experience is like. Also, if you have any tips on how to reduce the pain, etc. PLEASE put a sister on :) ........
UPDATE: This is day three and I am actually getting used to the weird feeling in my mouth. It DOES get better with time. HOWEVER, if I am switching to a new set of trays in 11 days does that mean that my pain will also start anew? ugh!! :(
Stay tuned guys........................................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it will be all worth it in the end baby...