Monday, April 19, 2010

Quote This


One of my facebook friends (King Matthew) posted something today that caught my attention. It was a deep statement regarding people's growth and the process of leaving the past and transitioning into our present/future selves.
Sometimes we need to make changes way deep down inside to truly grow. On the outside we may seem to be dressing the part of someone doing well for ourselves however if there is no change on the inside then what progress has truly been made??
Superficial change does not change the state of the soul.
Check it out what King had to say:


"A BUTTERFLY IS A BUTTERFLY BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY CAN DO, NOT JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE WINGS. IN ORDER TO EVOLVE FROM A CATERPILLAR INTO A BUTTERFLY, YOU MUST BUILD STRENGTH FROM SHEDDING YOU'RE COCOON. MEANING SEPARATE YOU'RE SELF FROM THE PPL, PLACES & THINGS FROM YOU'RE PAST. NOT FOREVER, JUST UNTIL YOU'VE LEARNED HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY FLY. IF NOT YOU'RE JUST A CATERPILLAR WALKING AROUND WITH PRETTY WINGS ON YOUR BACK".
King usually has very interesting / encouraging / inquisitive postings up each day, that serve as great debate starting points (even tho I'm certain that he doesn't think alot of his views are debatable -- I beg to differ).
He is a personal trainer so for you ladies are looking for someone to motivate you physically as well as mentally I would recommend King's services. You can contact him via facebook here.

.

1 comment:

S. Whittaker said...

This is a lovely quote! I love it! That is very true. I was speaking to a friend yesterday about how I don't really have any true friends and she said yeah Mereesa but meaning we cool we're sisters but we don't converse every single day and shit. But when I say I don't really have that many friends, I know a lot of people but I don't consider them friend "friend". Basically I am shedding my cocoon...I guess so that I can fly like a butterfly.