Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weekend Outings: Spacastle

Hey luvs... so I've been having some really cool weekend outings in the past few weeks but my picture taking game really sucks :p , so unfortunately I haven't shared alot of things with you.

Several weeks back a friend of mine, the lovely Hope, treated me to a day at the Spa (as a late birthday present). She was unable to attend my bday Spaday that I had at the quaint Body by Brooklyn Spa, so she decided to make it up to me and BOY did she out do herself! :)

She took me to Spacastle in College Point. It's on the most unassuming little corner in Queens but is it phenomenal!



Its sort of set up like a cruise ship on land LOL! Seriously. Once aboard, I mean inside, anything
your heart deires is yours with the simple scan of your watch!


They have pretty good food... and amazingdrinks!! Be sure to try the College Point Iced Tea!
(had me leanin! LOL).


There are enough spa services and pools to keep you occupied for an entire day, with 5 floors of luxuriation!


The ladies locker room alone has 4 mineral pools, 2 c0ld pools, 3 saunas and a steam room, not
to mention 4 large plushy couches just asking you to pass out on them...


My good friend Jasmine's bday passed last month (on the same day as my boo ;)) and we decided to spend a day marinating at SpaCastle.


Upon entering you have to remove your shoes.
We were starving like marvin as soon as we got there so our first stop was on the Second Floor for some grub.


I decided to keep the asian vibe going and enjoyed some shrimp tempura:The girls grubbed on burgers and fries
The second floor is also like steam room heaven lol.......
mind you I've been here twice already and have never stepped foot in 1 of these rooms yet! smh
On the third floor are the outdoor pools:
These pools are surprisingly refreshing even when the weather is cold out.

Here we are enjoying 1 of the indoor pools:
(Counter clockwise - Leslie, Naimah, Michelle, Rashida & Jasmine)




Don't worry. If you don't want to be bothered with swimming and all the exertion that comes with pools there is a room full of recliners with little televisions attached so you can definitely get your couch potato on!

Jazz & Rashida

For the body conscious, they give everyone the same Spacastle signature orange top & pink shorts and this uniform just adds to the feeling of being a part of a special group of people that get to luxuriate all day long!!

the Bday girl!

Fun times indeed!

Hey, if you're looking for an awesome experience definitely try Spacastle. You won't be disappointed!

If you've ever visited Spacastle please feel free to leave a comment and share with us what your trip was like....................................

2 comments:

S. Whittaker Paintings said...

OK! this one right here brought back some funny memories about SpaCastle! How about the distinctive nannys, different size and shape walking around the blasted place! I'm sorry but I couldn't take that dipping in the water like that.

Major Chedda said...

You're sooooooo right Steph. The first time I went was definitely a culture SHOCKKK!!!!!! 8-(

LOL!

I saw wayyyyyy tooo much that day smh lol


p.s. I'll probably be going back there soon, mommy wants to go to the Spa as 1 of her mother's day gifts! I think she'll really like it there.