Monday, April 19, 2010

SPOTLIGHT: Mz. Streamz


Okay so I know I always talk the most ish about there not being any rappers in the game right now repping for the ladies. So I figure what better way than to do my part in helping this issues than to start spotlighting female artists that I think deserve to have more noteriety.

The first artist to be featured in the "Spotlight" is a femme fatale that I ran across in my daily youtube travels.

Her name is Mz. Streamz and while I'm sure not 1 New Yorker has EVER heard of her she is most deifinitely making a name for herself in her hometown of B-more as well as in ciphers all along the East coast.

In the below footage Mz. Streamz discusses why she thinks there's a barrier preventing female Emcee's from getting in the game:



"Proteges and creations never make it far"


She is the first ever female grand prize winner of 92Q's freestyle battle. Mz. Streamz won all 6 weeks in a row to earn her place at the top!!
Here's a taste of how she was giving it to them dudes week after week.... shorty goes hard!:




So what do you guys think about her? Does she have skills and that special something it takes to make it big in the industry?

Just don't forget where you heard about her first!

No comments: