Wednesday, June 03, 2009

B-Day Celebration continues @ Buddha





So you didn't think that the birthday celebration stopped there did you?... I have yet another exquisite dining experience to share. After the girls and I did our thing The Cap took me out to do a little celebrating of our own. We dined at this phenomenal Asian restaurant called Buddha Bar. It's a serene yet busy spot located in the meat packing district of Manhattan. This restaurant chain has locations in Dubai, Paris and Beyrouth to name a few.

*And hopefully I can blog those branches too :)*

Whoever did the interior design knew exactly what they wanted patrons to feel. Even though its a large place it still managed to feel intimate and romantic. The lighting is discreet (possibly too low for some) and the tables are surrounded by wooden walls and lots of greenery. The entrance hallway is lined with golden statues and once you enter the main dining floor you are greeted by a 17 foot tall Buddha. I certainly felt like I wasn't in the city anymore, but rather an exotic little nook in Asia.

My chicken was phenomenal (unfortunately The Cap didn't enjoy his steak as much)


Chedda getting her chopsticks on...


The Buddha rolls are a must have if you ever go there... they are excellent! Kinda like California rolls on steriods :) ....


Steamed schrimp dumplings and duck spring rolls... YUMMY!!!!


I was only kidding when I said "screw the cake and stick a candle in my drink" but the waiter sure enough made it happen... by the way if you ask the bartender to make the drinks strong, they go IN!!


Happy B-day to ME!!!!!!! :)



The DJ did his thang and after about 10pm its more like an exclusive club than an eating establishment. There's even a series of Albums released under the Buddha Bar name. It's a compilation of whats called "chill-out" music, the type that you would hear at the restaurant.



This 17 foot tall Buddha statue dominates the dining area..



I had to rub on it for some luck and prosperity in '09...


Chedda styling on the way out...



If you've ever been to Buddha Bar (or even if you haven't) please feel free to leave a comment of what you think.

No comments: