Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Scottsdale 5th Ave Fine Arts & Wine Festival



So of course All Star Weekend couldn't only be about parties, parties, games and more parties. After brunch on Saturday I took a little stroll thru the Scottsdale neighborhood around the W Hotel (where I stayed). Of course being the Major chick that I am its only in my blood that I gravitate towards the nearest 5th Ave no matter what state I'm in. I just so happened to run right into the annual Scottsdale Fine Art & Wine Festival.

This Festival first started back in 1992 when President Judi Combs decided to take her local art show to the next level. The Festivals are now held in places like Colorada, Lake Tahoe and Tuscon to name a few. It's a family run business and according to Judi:
"Our goal is to provide an outstanding variety of mediums, subject matters, sizes and price ranges that satisfy the desire of each and every patron that strolls through one of our festivals. We want people attending to find something that appeals to their liking and to walk away with special memories of a first class event."

I have to say that I definitely left this fair feeling honored that I got to be a part of it.

And the fact that it wasn't planned was the cherry on top.


While there were tons of talent all around me there was one artist in particular who I immediately fell in love with. Her name is Kathy Womack and (I don't say this much but) she is MAJOR! Kathy was showcasing pieces from her Women & Wine Series. These are available online for anywhere from $75-$700; depending on size and framing prefernces.

MAJOR!!!!! Laugh it up ladies!!!

Love it!!! Peep the burberry golfshorts and the LV golf set tho lol...

Heres a dresser drawer in the shape of a Major chick... I had to take a flick of this even though the sign clearly read "No Pictures Allowed" lol.

I absolutely loved this oil canvas....
*note to self.... get one of these made of myself for the living room.

Here are a couple other pieces from the Women& Wine Series:



So enough of the art, heres the real fun stuff lol




Cheers to the finer things!!



Feel to leave a comment if your feeling any of these wonderful art pieces....

No comments: