Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Michelle's Wedding @ Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica





I come from a large Trini family that is very close knit and full of very boisterous, opinionated people. So of course when my cousin Michelle announced that she was getting married all the cooks had their hands in the pot of how, what, when and where she should have the wedding. The entire process became a bit exhausting andso Michelle took matters into her own hands and did what I've noticed is becoming a more and more popular trend nowadays; she had a destination wedding.

After looking into several locations the couple chose the Royal Plantation all-inclusive resort in Ochos Rios, Jamaica. Of course yours truly couldn't miss this trip for the world. Now I usually spend my memorial vacation away with the girls froliking on a beach and painting some town red. But if there's one thing that I learn more an more each day is the importance of family. So there was really no need to think twice in giving up my usual Memorial routine to be a part of my cousin's wedding in JA. Not to mention I had never been to Jamaica before.



The blushing bride and groom kicking back and enjoying their special day!


The service at this spot is on point. While I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the food... the quantity of food and beverages definitely did not disappoint. I mean when they say all-inclusive... they mean all inclusive. The rum punches came non-stop. And you know how in most hotels they temp you with a stocked mini bar that you're afraid to even look at too hard for fear that you may open a drink and get charged $5 for a bottle of water :)... well here, I had the liberty of emptying out the entire mini-bar that they gladly re-stocked.

I had a little bit of drama with a lizard or two or three! lmao... but other than that my trip was fabulous!


Here are a couple pictures of me enjoying my vacation!








On the night before the wedding we had a wonderful dinner at a French Restaurant called Le Papillon. I had to give the chef his props after they sent out a desert that was literally on fire!!


HOT!

YUM!


Compliments to the Chef!!


I took this on the actual wedding day... the resort also made an album for Michelle so if I get better flicks available I'll share.

What a beautiful scene...


These guys were all over the property.... so pretty
Updated: As promised here are some of the professional pictures taken by the resort:











If you've ever visited Jamaica, or if you know of a beautiful destination for a wedding (inquiring minds want to know ;) ), or have any thoughts to share, please feel free to leave a comment.....

1 comment:

George Alexandrou said...

From all the resorts on the island, I would say this is the most romantic. It has the feel of old Jamaica, but with today's comforts and luxury mixed in. A perfect honeymoon escape. All my guests have left with amazing memories.