Friday, June 05, 2009

Climbing Dunn's River Falls




OMG a must do in this lifetime! The waters of Dunn's River are definitely intimidating at first glance but once you start the trek up the experience becomes exciting and very romantic.

So there's definitely a sign warning all visitors that you're climbing at your own risk. Not the most encouraging words before you make your way into the park and towards the falls.



Guess there's no turning back now!!!


Do you see that drop behind me.... I can't lie I was still hesitating at this point... but I'm far from chicken so I manned-up!



The water of the falls actually flows into the ocean, so I started my ascension on a beach.


lol



The water is COLD!!!! and FAST!!!!

But it feels great!!


It's no peice of cake. You really have to put your back into it. And the rocks are slippery too so.... careful!






The falls are under the road at one point so I had to pass under this overhead thingy.



A little photoshoot on the waterfall can't hurt


If you're determined enough to make it all the way to the top this is the sign you see there!



Make sure you visit the falls if you're ever in Ochos Rios.






If you've ever climbed Dunn's or just think this is cool please feel free to leave a comment.....

3 comments:

Dafina said...

Hey Major Chedda glad you enjoyed your stay in my beautiful island of Jamica... I look forward to reading your future posts... Good luck and congrats on your new blog... All my love Fina

willie said...

Hey Chedda.
I'm here looking at your Jamaica pictures with your aunt Liz/Bianca. I wish I was there too, looks like fun and a great trip.
Where you up to next?
Willie.

Miss T said...

Omg!!!! I can't ait till I can go.. Luv ya cuz