Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ROCNATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has to be one of the hottest commercials ever!!!!


















Now if you know me then you already know this post was coming. Just had to give myself some time to absord the masterpiece and marinate in the greatness that is Blueprint 3.

Breaking Elvis' record for the male solo artist with the most no.1 albums, Jay-Z is officially a living legend!

My favorite tracks are:

Track 2 - Thank You
Track 4 - Run This Town
Track 5 - Empire State of Mind
Track 9 - A Star is BornTrack
Track 10 - Venus vs. Mars
Track 11 - Already Home (this might be my favorite!!)
Track 12 - Haters
Track 14 - So Ambitious

Here are some of my favorite quotes off Blueprint 3:


"I’m in The Hall already / On the wall already / I’m a work of art, I'm a Warhol already / On another level, on another plane already / H-O-V I got my own lane already (already)"
- Already Home



"I felt so inspired by what the teacher said / Said i'd either be dead or be a reefer head /Not sure if that’s how adults should speak to kids /Especially when the only thing I did was speak in class /Ill teach his ass "
- So Ambitious


"Rap like I rap without lying and then tying both together like iron my n-gga /
write 16’s in between running 16 businesses, all the while showing these young punks what the business is"
-Reminder



"Oh yeah I'm rare, I'm aware that I'm rare / I rap and I’m real, I’m one of the few here / These other boys lyin', I wonder if y’all care / They stories out this world, I wonder if y’all hear"
- Real As It Gets


"And really the fact is, we not in the same bracket /Not in the same league Don't shoot at the same baskets / Don't pay the same taxes, Hang with the same bitches / So how am i in the way, what is it i'm missing? / N-gga I been missing N-gga I been gone / The shit that you just witnessesing I been on"
- Already Home


"I don't run rap no more I run the map"
-What We Talkin About


I can go on and on so I'll stop here! lol

This album is so grown up. It's Jay looking back at the entire journey of his career through the gaze of the successful business man that he is today. Saying I told you so to those that doubted him, giving due praise to his peers that have also lived out their dreams in this game (Young Jeezy, Kanye, SwizzBeats, Pharell) and lastly showing love to the future leaders of rap by featuring them on this historic album (Drake, Kid Cudi, J. Cole) .....Clap for him!

I don't know if it's the beat or his flow or a combination of both but "Thank You" really reminds me of Reasonable Doubt Jay. I think he should have made this the leading track on the album (Track 1 is my least favorite).


oh! and forget about Empire State of Mind! FIIRREE!!!! Like seriously I feel like New York ain't have an anthem this big since Sinatra sang his praises of this great city... even Lil'Mama couldn't contain herself during Jay's performance at the MTV VMA's this year ha!:D

One last note... I think Jay did the right thing by taking a stand against Autotune. He is an elder in this game and sometimes kids need an adult to set them straight. I mean just think how many songs came this year alone with an Autotune hook. It's to the point where you can barely distinguish between artists because everyone's music is starting to sound the same.

I remember when Ron Brownz started his little run. I was happy for his success because he's a Harlem native and I am familiar with his story and his struggle. I was just happy that he was finally shining My boyfriend however was never a fan of his from day one. As he put it, RB was trying to be T-Pain. I didn't get it then. I thought my boyfriend was just "hating". But he was absolutely right. Yall rappers are T-Paining too much! where's the originality? the true talent? .............................stop the shinanigans......................


Well D.O.A. is a perfect reminder of the real talent source of rap. It's a blueprint for those that have forgotten how to make a hit without synthesized riffs. Ill lyrics and hot tracks, period. Shoot sometimes you don't even need a highly orchestrated production to make a hot album. Just raw emotion, a sick steady flow and a story to tell... minus the added on b.s. and you're good money (see Drake & J Cole). Now don't get me wrong, I know music evolves and I'm in support of that. But there's a clear difference between evolution and a point of standstill and I feel like autotune was preventing the music from progressing. Thanks Uncle Jay! lol


RocNation all day!!!!!!!!!... sorry Haters! (no I'm not)




By now we've ALL heard the new album so please feel free to leave your thoughts about it ..........................................

4 comments:

Ty said...

Okay my turn! So yes indeed I'm feeling this Jay album. The more I play it, the more it stays with me. My favorite track is #2 Thank You. The old school flow did it for me. I play that song on my way to work to give me that extra cocky boost for the day. Right before I heard D.O.A for the first time, my boyfriend and I were discussing that there needs to be a change in music. Not neccessarily go back to way things were, but I was sick of hearing the same content, beat, lyrics all the time. Then D.O.A hit, and I told myself "the Revolution will not be televised", lol. Well maybe I didn't say all that, but I was damn sure thinking "Thank You JAY!" In the beginning I was a little skeptical about some of the song choices, but that's the beauty of it all. You have to LISTEN to what this man is saying. That's how you enjoy his music. LISTEN! Maybe it's because I live in Georgia, so the only thing they play on the radio is that "down south music" where everybody sounds the same. So my ears were out of tune for a little bit. But now I'm back in the groove. Now I can remember what music is supposed to sound like! Jay did it again!

Now all we have to do is address the R&B singers. R&B has no melodies anymore. No strong singers with "the voice". Don't get me wrong Keyshia and Mary are doing thier thing, but we need more than that. Just sounds like singers are trying to make a quick buck these days. Sickens me! Sing a little song over a "snap beat" and you got yourself a winner. WACK! I need a Jodeci, a SWV, a Pattie, shit I'll go as far and say a damn Immature! lol. R&B needs help too, most of these singers can't even sing for real. Anyway, I ran off on a tangent. That Blueprint 3 is the truth!

Major Chedda said...

....we tipped the waiter a hundred dollars to keep the ice cold alright!
haha! Don't you just love this song TY! I knew you would!!

I can't lie I was nervous about BP3. I feel like I'm always on edge when Jay drops a new album. He has so much to live up to sometimes it seems impossible to acheive more than he already has. But... he's done it again!

did you see him on Oprah, teaching her how to rap, and that mini lil 4 bar rap was poppin lmao:
"Boy from Brooklyn made it out the Stuy / girl srom the south made it to the Chi / only goes to show, the limit is the sky / life give you lemons you make lemon pie!"

R U serious, I love it!

Unknown said...

the Blueprint 3 is a great album...what else do we expect from the greatest rapper of all time...Jay is the only artist that shows growth and is embracing his wealth and status as an ambassador not just for rap but all young black men...F#ck the other side they jealous,we got a banquet full of broads,they got a table full of fellas.......

Major Chedda said...

iiiiiiiilllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!