Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Outings: Mayweather vs. Marquez Rooftop Fight Party


This Saturday was Mayweather's highly anticipated return fight since his lay off of almost 2 years from Boxing. I, like many others, already knew he would win loooong before the first punch was thrown. While I definitely enjoyed the atmosphere of the rooftop setting, the skyline and fresh air, the fight itself was a disappointment. Mayweather needs to step up the ante and fight a more challenging opponent. I learned nothing new by watching him outmove and outskill Marquez. But hey I guess that's why they call him Money Making Mayweather, because that's what it's all about for him.

Many boxing enthusiasts want to see a Mayweather/Mosley match-up and I can't lie that sounds like a must see event!

I attended Mosley's fight against Cotto held in Madison Square Garden and was so disappointed that he lost. I felt like he could have won that fight. Nevertheless, the potential and talent to beat Mayweather is definitely there to be tapped into.

The next fight I'm looking forward to is Paquiao/Cotto scheduled for November 14th. That should be good.

(shout out to Dream Team Nation for having a wonderful event!)




If you got to see the fight over the weekend please feel free to share your thoughts on it...............................................................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i definately think Mayweather needs to step it up and fight better apponents...he is wack!